Job Title: Supply Planner
Reports To: Supply Planning Manager
Summary Description: The Supply Planner is responsible for performing detailed finished goods production planning, materials management and purchasing functions within the supply chain team. The role is accountable for all assigned supply management activities for multiple over-the-counter (OTC) drug and personal care products. This role actively contributes within a cross functional team in the discovery, development and delivery to customers of current and newly launched products. This role offers visibility and opportunity to contribute directly to the company's success by achieving target service level goals, inventory levels, launching new products on time, and minimizing finished good and component obsolescence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs master production scheduling for assigned brands.
- Utilizes SAP MRP for managing supply planning duties. Issues PO’s and forecasts to contract manufacturers.
- Develops and maintains safety stock levels for all finished goods.
- Responsible for inventory management of all finished goods and select components.
- Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and reduces waste/scrap.
- Responsible for over 30 planning fields in SAP master data.
- Approves Bills of Materials (BOM) along with packaging development.
- Responsible for S&OP process for assigned brands.
- Works with cross functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Project Management, Product Innovation, Packaging Development, Quality, Regulatory, Tech Transfers, Logistics, and Customer Service.
- Participates in project team meetings to update the teams on supply chain management topics.
- Coordinates efforts with Sourcing and/or Quality for resolution of supplier issues.
- Works with accounting to resolve payment issues, assists in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as defined by the department.
- Communicates to management and the project teams material and/or supplier problems that may impact the supply chain.
- Resolves discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost and quality proactively and reactively.
- Responsible for various weekly / monthly reports.
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis per manager’s request.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years supply chain planning experience preferably in a FDA regulated pharmaceutical or OTC environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or supply chain.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is desirable.
- Written and verbal communication skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Six Sigma or LEAN methodologies a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure is necessary to be successful in this role.
Physical Demands / Surroundings – Works in an office setting under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable features. Duties do not require incumbent to exert physical effort beyond normal office conditions. The individual may be required to enter production support areas. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Visual Demands - Must be able to read and see clearly. Vision clarity with or without correction to read handwritten as well as computer generated documents.
Talking - Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, or quickly.
Average Hearing - Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Attendance / Schedule - Attendance requirements are based on general attendance policies and the needs of the business as set forth by direct manager.
Eligibility Requirements - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Must be willing to take a post-offer drug test. Must be 18 years of age or older.