The Senior Accountant works at the company’s global headquarters in Tarrytown, NY as part of the controllership team responsible for all consolidations, monthly financial close, external reporting and technical accounting for the company. This role reports to an Accounting Manager as a key member of the controllership function. Prestige is a public company traded in the NYSE under the ticker PBH.
- Prepare and support monthly, quarterly and year-end close journal entries. (30%)
- Perform assigned account reconciliations and analysis. (30%)
- Prepare audit schedules for quarterly review and annual audits. (10%)
- Execute various tasks in the compilation of the quarterly and annual SEC reports; prepare supporting footnote disclosures, and general support of the 10-Q/K process (10%).
- Respond to inquiries from independent auditors (5%-10%)
- Assist others as necessary, prepare ad hoc reports and perform other related activities as needed (10%-15%)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Has strong knowledge of US GAAP and other generally accepted accounting policies
- Possesses expert knowledge and skill in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates business acumen in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses basic familiarity with sales and merchandising standards, policies and procedures, and competitive positioning. CPG and/or OTC industry knowledge helpful.
- Possesses solid understanding of SAP or equivalent ERP software
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively across all levels in the Company and to respond positively to internal and external requests; collaboration skills
- Delivers accurate and timely results
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Public/private accounting, preferably in the Consumer Goods industry ansd preferably in an SAP environment
- CPA license or demonstrating progress toward achieving CPA
OTHER: Some travel (5%) via car, plane, and/or rail