Come join our package development team and help us design and develop new consumer goods packaging for product launches and current product updates emphasizing innovation, quality and regulatory standards, and cost effectiveness.
You will manage a diverse set of packaing projects, facilitating and coordinating project activities, and participating in cross functional teams that include marketing, supply chain, regulatory, legal and others.
You will be responsible for creating preliminary product cost estimates and bill of materials, and issue finished goods specifications. This role also involves initiating and supporting product sourcing and cost of goods reduction projects, fostering close cooperative relationships with external suppliers and manufacturers. Of course, you'll follow internal policies with particular emphasis on compliance to the company’s Quality System and external regulatory standards including ISO 13485 and FDA regulations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (preferably package engineering) from accredited university or college
- 5+ years of packaging engineering experience with a consumer products organization
- Ability to lead technology exploration and provide technical advice to both internal and external associates
- Ability to identify, problem solve and interpret complex packaging engineering problems
- Capable of making sound technical decisions on a wide range of issues regarding both packaging and filling operations
- Knowledge of SAP, CAPE, TOPS, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
Travel: 10% via car, air, rail. Required valide driver's license, passport and credit card
Physical Demands: Ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
Work Environment: Office Environment. Ability to work on computer, answer phones, speak to customers. Work with surrounding office noise.