Fleet Laboratories, a Prestige Consumer Healthcare Company and a leader in innovative personal health and beauty care products, has an immediate opening for the following position at our manufacturing plant located in Lynchburg, VA.
Medical Communications Specialist
The Medical Communications Specialist is responsible for receiving, processing and reporting safety related information from consumers, health care professionals, distributors or other partners. The Fleet Contact Center is potentially the first point of contact for reported adverse events associated with drugs, devices, dietary supplements and cosmetic reactions and is therefore a critical step in the data collection process and plays a major role in the Pharmacovigilance System. Understanding the regulations surrounding pharmacovigilance is critical to the role of the Medical Communications Specialist.
- Engage each reporter with the utmost honor, care and concern to document, process and report safety related contacts within the specified allowable timeframes
- Follow Good Pharmacovigilance Practices and remain current with all applicable Pharmacovigilance Regulations
- Appropriately handle adverse events and reactions
- Ensure that all applicable Pharmacovigilance Regulations, and Policies/Procedures are being followed.
- Complete required submissions with FDA and other Health Authorities
- Maintain robust product knowledge
- Support the needs of the Quality Department in handling quality evaluations for safety cases
- BA/BS degree in Pharmacy, Nursing or other medically related field
- Licensed to practice in nursing, pharmacy, medical technology, medicine (human or veterinarian), or as a coroner
- Must have a minimum of three years clinical experience
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) a must.