Inventory Coordinator, Supply Planning (Tarrytown, NY)
The Supply Planning Inventory Coordinator is responsible for balancing inventory levels between warehouse distribution centers and inventory transactions in SAP. The role is accountable for all stock transport orders, receiving / back-flushing assembly PO’s, and reviewing and follow-up on overseas PO’s. This role supports inventory analysis such as raw data for KPI’s and managing and minimizing obsolete inventory. The role also supports the supply planners with tasks such as unconfirmed reports, exception reports, S&OP preparation, and MRP review. This role offers visibility and opportunity to contribute directly to the company’s success by achieving target service level goals, inventory levels, and minimizing finished goods and component obsolescence.
- Performs DRP (distribution requirements planning) by balancing inventories between warehouse distribution centers.
- Review open purchase order report, identify PO’s due soon and late, contact suppliers to ascertain status of PO’s, communicate issues to supply planners, and expedite where required.
- Receive all overseas PO’s into appropriate storage locations.
- Enter stock transport orders and transact these orders to in transit.
- Receive / back-flush all assembly PO’s
- Review and communicate to customer service resolution to issues on unconfirmed and exception reports.
- Manage obsolete inventory and determine actions to minimize via working with sales and marketing on discounts, closeouts, donation, or destruction.
- Resolves discrepancies with quantity, delivery, cost and quality on both proactive and reactive basis.
- Assist supply planners with daily functions such as S&OP preparation, managing MRP message actions, and inventory analysis.
- Responsible for various weekly / monthly reports.
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis per manager’s request.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or other business related field.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Supply chain experience in a FDA regulated pharmaceutical or OTC environment preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience with SAP or ERP systems desirable, but not mandatory.
- Role is based in Tarrytown, NY, but we are currently in a work from home mode during the pandemic.
Prestige is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
PRESTIGE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes sent by search firms to any employee at Prestige Consumer Healthcare via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Prestige Consumer Healthcare. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prestige Consumer Healthcare as a result of the referral or through other means. Thank you for your cooperation.