Reports to: Sr. Mgr. Customer Financial Services
Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) is a 'must-have' for this AR role. CPG experience combined with Deduction Analysis, AR and Excel is our minimum requirement. Works in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven consumer goods environment. In this role, one must possess excellent customer service skills and be proficient with Excel spreadsheet functions and data entry into our ERP system (SAP). Attention to detail is a must for all daily tasks. Job duties include reviewing and processing customer payments and past due invoices, high volume deduction analysis (not common in many AR jobs) and review, regular communication by email, phone and/or face-to-face with customers, warehouse, brokers, vendors, our sales & operations teams, and other departments, if necessary, to resolve customer payment issues.
- Primary contact on designated accounts regarding billings and deductions and deduction paybacks
- High volume deduction management processing including review of deduction documentation
- General understanding of customer portals, bills of lading, proof of delivery, etc
- Primary collections contact on designated accounts
- Coordinate with sales department on various customer Issues
- Assist in adjustments on customer accounts as required.
- Daily cash application process and procedures
- Assist in obtaining documentation for auditors
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and adapt to new processes and procedures
- Take on various related projects assigned by supervisor
- Must have bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have a working knowledge of PC Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience with high volume AR
- Prior experience with SAP highly desirable
- Prior experience with CPG industry is a must.
- Prior experience with deductions analysis
- Competent mathematical and analytical skills
- Capability to prioritize, plan and multi-task to effectively meet the daily deadlines
- Capability to work in a diverse team environment and work effectively across departments
- Detailed oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Physical Demands: ability to stand, sit, lift office materials (books, binders, boxes).
- Work Environment: office environment; ability to work on computer, answer phones, speaks to customers; work with surrounding office noise.
Prestige Brands is an EOE.